About Me

My photo
Living in Copenhagen.

13 April 2011

All good things to those who wait

What a busy month!

I had a lovely visit from Sweden (photos from Madklubben will be added soon), had a very interesting guided tour of Christiansborg (home to the Danish parliament), had a birthday party (yay!), attended other people's birthday parties (yay!) and a PhD-party for which I was asked to make chocolates (double yay!), baked a coffee cake that nearly earned me a canonisation, and enjoyed a very entertaining opera and an even more entertaining ballet. To mention a few things. And now I think it's time to bring this blog up to date.

Let me just start by saying that the ballet 'Et Folkesagn' (A Folk Tale) is absolutely brilliant. I am not really a ballet girl, but I had so much fun! There are no more show dates for 2011, but if you happen to be visiting Copenhagen between 19 January and 28 February of 2012 make sure to get tickets for the reproduction!!! (Tip: get ground floor seats and not too far back.)
The set design is stunning with lace-like detailed paper cuts, the costumes are genius (especially the inhabitants of the underworld; trolls, elven girls and every kind of strange creature you can imagine), and I was particularly impressed with the troll-mistaken-for-human girl who threw temper tantrums, bit her servants and danced like she was on fire. Fan-bloody-tastic.


Secondly, should you find your way to Malmö (just across the bridge in Sweden), do visit the Turning Torso skyscraper. Stunning. Of course I forgot my camera at home, so I only have some crummy cell phone shots.



Lastly, if you want to earn some easy points with coffee lovers, here's the recipe for an excellent coffee cake. I used muscovado sugar and espresso, and I substituted 50 g of flour for 50 g of cocoa. It turned out very well indeed.


And it's finally, undeniably SPRING. 17 degrees this past Sunday, there's no going back now. The Tivoli Gardens open tomorrow. Brace yourself for pictures of everything green and growing that I pass on my way! And a much needed blog update.

No comments:

Post a Comment